Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Z.E.O: A Zombie's Guide to Getting a(Head) in Business

For my first book, I purposefully choose something that I thought would be easy and fun to finish. I got this book as a Christmas present and was able to finish it in one day. It is written by Scott Kenemore.

This book, as you suspected, was a humor book, and I don't think the author intended for the advice in it to be followed at all times; however, some of it was good and useful. It had tips such as cut out things that don't need to be done, and work more slowly and methodically on the things that are important. The zombie metaphor was a clever one.

On the downside, some of the jokes got stale from repeated use and it wasn't as entertaining as I expected it to be. Also, while I realize that this isn't a legitimate business books, I did disagree with the author on some points. I also suspected that he had a chip on his shoulder about some of the things. It also would have been funnier if he used "research," possibly from zombie movies to make his point. Finally, his track for you to become a C.E.O. (or Z.E.O.) seemed far-fetched, and only modeled after certain industries.

Overall, it was a worthwhile read, and a good way to kill a few hours. I'm just not sure it will make good repeat reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment